Our Response to COVID-19
As COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to impact communities and businesses
around the world, Ooredoo Group is supporting customers across its global
footprint with both digital solutions and relief measures. Ooredoo teams are
working together to share knowledge and experiences internationally to better
serve and support customers.
Our companies in the Middle East, North Africa and South East Asia are all responding to COVID-19 and here's how:
We have taken actions to ensure the safety of our employees in different parts of the world, making our innovative digital solutions available to them, to keep our teams safe and productive whilst working remotely.
Optimising Network Performance
With online activity on the rise resulting in a steep surge in internet usage, we have significantly optimised network performance and enhanced internet speeds, enabling social distancing, seamless home schooling and access to home entertainment. Engineering teams are working around the clock to ensure our customers can continue to enjoy the internet despite significant pressure on the networks caused by the boom in social media usage and video consumption.
Supporting Customers and Communities – Enhancing Home Connectivity and Providing Relief Assistance
Facilitating online services
- Many local companies are encouraging customers to make all transactions online or using the company's app. In some markets, we are offering free delivery for SIM cards purchased online.
Frontline workers and government support
- We are showing our gratitude and support to frontline workers through substantial donations, mobile data offerings and minutes for local calls.
- We are also using our big data analytics to provide insights on the situation.
- To help parents and students with home schooling during this confinement period, our operating companies have upgraded the internet subscription of educational institutions as well as offered customers free educational content through local TV channels,
Encouraging Social Distancing
- To further encourage people to stay at home, a number of our companies have boosted their network performance to provide increased internet speeds to customers. We have also launched #StayHome campaigns with attractive data and voice packs in several markets, enabling everyone to stay connected.
Health and safety tips
- Our companies around the world have launched a series of informative videos containing useful health and safety tips to raise awareness on how to stay safe with COVID-19. We are also collaborating with local health authorities to disseminate important COVID-19 information and keep our customers informed on the latest news.
Helping Businesses Adapt to a Challenging Environment
Offering world-class remote working capabilities
- At Ooredoo, our digital business experts are supporting a wide range of organisations – from SOHOs and SMEs to large enterprises, across the public and private sectors – to develop efficient Work-From-Home solutions, and designing special mobile packages tailored for businesses’ needs.
- Recognising the challenging times that businesses are facing, we have launched a relief initiative to help customers affected by COVID-19 in many countries. The initiative increases payment flexibility for business customers in these countries, enabling them to continue providing services and keeping their businesses running smoothly.
- A number of our companies have provided upgrades to its business customers' data services such as Supernet Business, enabling businesses to connect their employees via high-speed broadband to work from home. This is in addition to providing private connections so that teams can securely access their intranet applications and conferencing services.
E-shop for Business
- We have successfully launched our first eShop for business customers and is ensuring home delivery for orders.