We understand that interviews can be stressful. Each company has its own method when conducting interviews, depending on the nature of their work and what the employer is looking for. Here are a few tips to consider when coming to a job interview with us:
- Company background: Research Ooredoo and learn what we do, our major accomplishments, goals, vision for the future and how we’re working toward achieving these goals. It’s useful for us to see how you could help us reach our goals. We recommend using the News option when researching Ooredoo to learn all about our latest work and achievements.
- Body language: It’s important to keep eye contact with your interviewer. Smile and nod when needed, and avoid any bad habits or poor body language behaviours such as crossing your arms.
- Dress to impress: Our dress code is professional. Avoid wearing accessories that are too colourful or distracting.
- Arrive early: Everyone knows it, but we’ll say it again, it gives a very bad first impression to be late to your interview. We suggest that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the interview to find your way around Ooredoo tower.
- Be ready: You need to be prepared to answer any questions related to your CV and experience. While you explain a project you accomplished for example, our recruitment team will be analysing your personality - along with your technical and behavioural competencies to discover your potentials. You should be ready to answer questions like: Why are you interested in joining Ooredoo? What makes you a good candidate? How are you going to add to Ooredoo’s success?
- Ask questions: You’re always welcome to ask our recruitment team questions about Ooredoo or your potential job role. Remember this interview is for you as much as it is for the company.
- Social media: If for some reason you have your social media in your CV to showcase work you have published online, then make sure you’re social media is friendly. It’s important to keep away from engaging in any inappropriate and controversial content.
- Lastly, be confident, honest and true to yourself. Ooredoo is a friendly company, so it’s important that you show your personality – it always brings something unique to the table. Remember, no matter how nervous you feel, we only see it if you show it. So be calm and the interview should go well.